Thursday, July 7, 2011

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Jonathan Safran Foer

Average Rating: 7

Becky – 5.5 He is an interesting kid, but I am not finding his adventure as intriguing as he does. The picture aren’t adding as much as I thought they would. I am only though ½ done
Rebecca – 8.5 The story kept me interested, I liked the kid. At times you couldn’t tell who was talking. I am not sure why the mother was not more involved in his life, but the kid was endearing and heart breaking.
Dana – Was busy so didn’t have time to read. The kids are in swimming lessons now
Anne – 6.0 I found the story very annoying, I wanted to connect but couldn’t’ sympathize with them. Hard to head on the kindle with all of the pictures and writing. It brought me back to 9/11, tragedy
Tina – 7.0 – When reading it was interesting but doesn’t stick with you. It made you reflective on 9/11 and hot it effects other vs just myself
Jennifer – 7.5 – It could have been heartbreaking but it was not. The pictures do not anything to the book. It was hard to get into the book but it got much better in the 2nd 1/2 .

No comments: